16.11.07

NyQuil vs jet lag


Red Clams
Originally uploaded by MidBlueMac
I think I'm winning the war on jet lag. I've had a couple of nights of cherry-NyQuil comatose sleep, some high-protein meals, some vitamins, and a couple of semi-productive work days.
I'm feeling displaced in a way that I never have before, and simultaneously irritated at my own cowardice. I'm not in freaking Kowloon, I'm in a first-world country with every modern convenience (except maybe a coin laundry, I still have to figure that one out).
I'm getting a weekly workday routine sorted out, and every normal thing I can do is suddenly so important. My iPod playlists , reading a book, geeking out, watching The Chaser's War on Everything, even going to the mall, I need to do every normal thing I can so I have that sense that I'm still connected to my life.

1 comment:

Bluewaters2500 said...

*hugs* I hope you authorize this reply!

Wow babe, how would we be going for two weeks??

Why you live it up in style??? LUCKY!!

D