13.3.06

Goodbyeeeeee

Have you seen those irritating flash ads with the talking smileys?  Well, more likely you've heard them bellow out 'Hellooooo' ,after being loaded as the banner ad on a normally pleasantly *silent* web page.
Having reassured myself that my computer was not, in fact, emulating the one from Electric Dreams (I'm old, so there), I loaded Adblock into Firefox... specifically for this ad.  RIP, f**king smilies.  +1 nomination for Most Annoying Flash Ad ever. 
Yes, I've seen the crazy frog ones. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those crazy frog axel f banner ads have to be by far the worst. At least with the smiley ads you usually have to move your mouse over them, the crazy frog just never shutup.

Have you had much luck using Adblock to block out the flash ads you see for various films ? You know the ones that insist on loading parts of a movie trailer before you have a chance at closing them. Not overly annoying but they severely slow down page load times.

..