5.3.06

Changing gears on the weekend

I've caught up with some much needed sleep, come up with strategies for dealing with the new challenges of my job, and importantly, I've pencilled (iCal'ed?) some time in today to work on the webcomic.
Most things are either archived in VoodooPad or my sketchbooks, I'm going through those at present and getting a grip on where things are. You tend to know your characters pretty well but I need to pick up all the threads of plot I've written down but not woven in yet.

If I get some time after that (I'm on dinner duty tonight) I've got a Cisco PIX manual to read over. Which is easier when you've had enough sleep and your eyes focus. I think I need new glasses though, my eye fatigue plus these current glasses are giving me this weird sort of tunnel vision where I don't see and note things in the immediate periphery of the small area I'm focused on, in emails and stuff.

Maybe I need bigger frames as well. I definitely need some distance vision assistance for reading projectors and stuff.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a few nights worth of decent sleep can do for you. Especially if you plan on sitting around and reading boring training manuals. Its so easy to drift off while reading those things.

I have found a cure for those nights when I'm anxious and cannot sleep though. CBTnuggets.com training video's. I 'aquired' a bunch of these while studying for a few M$ exams recently and boy if these dont put you to sleep I dont know what will. There is just something about the drone of the guy's voice that sends me off. Despite this the video's did actually teach me a few obscure things that appeared on the exams so it wasn't a complete waste of time :)

Are you still doing your techsupport job or did you find a new challenge ?

..