14.6.06

Downhill slide

I got the funds together for a long-awaited, discounted, Shinybook Pro.
The bank, however, had other ideas, and for my own protection decided not to clear the funds today.
The Shinybooks have of course, sold out.

I think this is going to be one of those weeks where I just get kicked in the head, repeatedly.

If I had the option I don't think I'd leave the house.

Update : the machines I was referring to are new old-stock MacBook Pros, at a fairly ridiculous price. Those sold out very quickly, of course. There were still refurbs of the same spec on the website today when my funds cleared, so I went for one of those.
I'm optimistic this will be fine.

It cost the same as my iBook G4 when new.

3 comments:

Lowcarb_dave said...

I thought you bought it ?

Kris The Grumpy said...

I caved and bought a refurb. Apple thwarted my clever plan to cancel the refurb order if the 'new-oldstock' MBPs became available again, by putting my order on the very first Startrack truck out of there. Damn your blazing efficiency!

Kris The Grumpy said...

So now I'm watching the Startrack Express page like a hawk. According to their estimates it will turn up tomorrow.