2.11.05

Divas and heat

In the space of about three days, the weather has turned from ‘chilly’ to ‘I need a beer and air-conditioning, stat’. 

The streets teem with people. This is something I don’t quite understand. I don’t mean in comparison to *yesterday*, which was quite busy anyway thank you very much (I think we were so popular because nobody else in Melbourne was picking up the phone). I mean there are cars and people everywhere, normally quiet streets are full of cars, and I had to wait for tram #2 this morning. Tram #1 was completely packed except for that dead space in the middle of the tram into which the sheeple are terrified to step. Could have barged through but I had time to spare. Besides, tram #2 was empty enough that I didn’t have to concern myself with some commuting Melburnians’ shaky grasp of the concept of deodorant.

Don’t know where the hell the extra people are from, they can’t all be tourists.

I did some damage on the iTunes AU music store last night. The bloke knew I’d had a real horse-cookie of a day so he greeted we with food, iced tea, Body Shop swag, and an iTunes music voucher. I got the new NIN album while I tried to get an assignment in on time (Hmm. NIN, Uni, unbearable stifling heat, I must be 22 again!).

Yesterday was perfect café weather, today the f-ing thermostat is set way too high. I won’t even discuss co-werkers who didn’t turn on the airconditioning until 9:15-ish.

Day’s not over yet and I’m already fairly snippy. But then again, most of these people calling up haven’t learned anything when I walked them through everything the first time yesterday.

 

 

 

No comments: