14.10.05

15% less grumpy

15% of my body weight. Gone. Foomp. Still a way to go but damn, feels good hitting a milestone.

 

Decided to make this more of a feelgood post. I had a fairly snarky one up before but I thought better of it and pulled it down before it got indexed. The truth is, I don’t care if I’m popular at work, or what people think of me there. It’s not exactly under my control. And not a permanent situation from the looks of things.

It’s true. Not a permanent situation. I can take action to make the end result more positive, but the situation – as it stands now – with my work relationships and my role here – is subject to change no matter what I do.

For a procrastinator like myself, who needs justification, lots of it, to initiate change, that’s a very comforting thought. I will land on my feet. I always do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Work is work. It's what you do outside of work thats important. IMHO there are two ways to look at it.

You either let your life revolve around work. Let your job consume you, spend your free time worrying about what's happening at work and what the other people working there think of you.

Or, you goto work do your time to the best of your ability and then try to forget about it until you have to go back again. Keep work and your personal life as two different things.

A jobs a job, for most people its only there to enable us pay the bills which lets us to do the things we want in our spare time. Not everyone is lucky enough to find a job that they enjoy as much as their personal life.

Just remember its only a job not your life. Try to use it as just another stepping stone if you cant stand it. I'm told its always easier to find work when your employed.

BTW, thanks for your blog. I have probably missed the point but after reading this I can see how I need to reevaluate the way I handle things at work. I still spend many a Sunday night trying in vein to sleep because I'm anxious about what might be happening at work this week.