29.9.04

On Writing

Today's Earworm- Plastic Loveless Letter, Magic Dirt

Pilots *suck*.
It's hard to write jokes, when most the jokes you can come up with are character based and nobody knows your characters yet. Humour in absurdity is great, except when you're still explaining what reality your characters inhabit.
The reality of the situation is that I have to accept I won't be 100% happy with most (all?) of the strips I upload, and until the end of 'Disposable Girl' they'll be a bit exposition heavy. That's the price I pay for not starting a strip with a couple of gamers on a couch, or a bunch of college students. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)
If I tried to get it perfect, I'd be stressed out and stalled again in another hiatus, and I sure as hell don't want that.

No comments: