5.5.08

Bloody Hell, What About Us Mate?

Blogged this story on iPhone Development being opened internationally
http://www.touchpodium.com/2008/05/04/first-signs-of-iphone-developement-program-being-opened-worldwide/
because I like the included map. What about us mate *indeed*.

Rumour sites are pointing at late June for iPhone, G'Day Edition, and
Optus (Yes, we suck a bit less than Telstra) as main provider. Though
the phone is said to be unlocked, so you can go anywhere you like,
even prepaid.

The biggest reason I didn't buy an iPhone in November was lack of
warranty. I regret it now, but I just know that the thing would have
died about half an hour after I got it home. And then I would have to
arrange for it to go back to the States, and it would have been this
whole *thing*.
The *second* biggest reason is that Australian data plans suck, unless
you have a 'special' device like a sidekick. The iPhone is no better
than my current phone/iPod Touch combo unless it has a decent data
plan. Optus have already bumped up the data allowance on their prepaid
plans, and it seems their other plans will be upgraded soon.

No comments: