2.4.05

Menu Bar Widgets


Menu Bar Widgets
Originally uploaded by MidBlueMac.
I removed some things from my OS X menu bar and added a few. There's a countdown until the end of my current role (looks to have been a wise decision), CPU temp (poor little iBook is no speed demon and it's a hot stuffy day), a smaller battery meter, iiNet Usage (by Harold Chu). Bluetooth, Menumeters CPU usage (again, iBook is an 800Mhz G4), Menumeters network speed monitor, Airport Extreme, and date/time.

I installed the G4 specific build of Firefox but I can't say its any better, even if I like the icon more. Firefox eats a lot of RAM, and the CPU utilisation is insane once you have a few (7, 8, 10 ?) tabs open. I suspect Safari is better behaved in use, but FF has RSS. (Yeah, I'll be upgrading to Tiger. Whether the upgrade will be coming in a Mac Mini box is a matter of budget).

No comments: