4.1.05

I can't be Flarked today

Today's Earworm- The Limbo Song (WHY????)

The New Years break is over.

My iBook just gave me the Multilingual Screen Of Death but it hasn't done it in months so hopefully it was just a software spaz.

I put together a new bookcase (called Flarke) to house D's prodigious DVD collection. I find putting together furniture kind of relaxing. The process of obtaining the furnture, is *not* so relaxing and involves a long drive followed by projectile-child dodging and concludes with a treasure hunt followed by car-tetris. (There is a guide available). D wanted to know why the hell I forced him out on this trek and the truth is that I like Ikea because of the way the furniture often flips out or folds up, or has a cool design in some other way. I'm talking about stuff like the blue LED chandelier, the folding chairbed, or the translucent white desklamp that fits in suspiciously well with the "Mac-istan" on my desk (the lamps are also available in iMac fruit colors).
The DVDs are guarded by an Alien bobblehead and the Master Chief sitting on top of the bookcase.
I've new glasses with progressive lenses on order, with more rectangular frames. I tried the thicker plastic frames that are fashionable now, but I looked like the blonde guy from the Lone Gunmen. So it's metal frames again.
My old lenses are scratched up, and my prescription has changed a little bit. I'm getting distance correction across the top, for those days when my eyes are tired. As in most.

NYE was a non-event, we briefly stopped watching Buffy DVDs to wish each other Happy New Year. D is still watching 'Buffy, the Doom and Gloom years' this evening. I'd sort of stopped caring about most of the cast at that point (6,7), and it had fallen off my must-see list. Willow's big arc had been played out (and fumbled), the show wasted time on whiney slayerettes, Buffy was a hypocritical bitca, there were pacing problems, the Big Bad was just plain boring and amounted to an evil twin most of the time, Kennedy existed, and the new monsters were *super-vampires*. *Sigh*. Anya and Andrew were comedy gold sometimes and Wood was an interesting character but the story arc was spaghetti.

My sci-fi series 3 rule holds - that any 'genre' series, once it makes it to season 3, will enjoy its best season. It's all downhill from there.

No comments: